Lazy. Childish. Immature.
One of my all time favourite quotes is from Eckhart Tolle, “Life is not as serious as the mind makes it.”
How is your lifestyle working out for you?
Think about it over the next 300 words; all of the pressure of keeping up with the Joneses in this “buy more and save” culture is not only exhausting and unsustainable but it can suck all of the fun right out of you.
Do you know anyone who tracks their data with electronic devices and maintains multiple social media accounts while putting unrealistic demands on themselves to have a brand new car every 3 years, a bigger house, a boat, expensive holidays and for some of them, perfect offspring? I sure do.
Think back over your life and ask yourself when you were happiest. For me it is when I laughed the most on a day-to-day basis.
The single most effective change you can make to create greater professional and personal success is to have more fun!
It is a really simple idea that can be really hard for some people to implement. Many people have spent decades now working on “growing up”. This maturity has been decades and in the making and isn’t easily undone.
Bulletproof List For Creating a Happier Life
Include any number of these activities in your day:
- seeing good friends that make you laugh
- get involved in your community and or find a way to give back either personally or with your company
- watching funny programs, not scary ones
- read funny books, articles and blogs
- spend time with children and be present!
- embrace your silly side
- play a board game
- unplug for 24 hours (radical but totally worth it)
- get involved in a fun group activity, like a sport, painting class or reading club
- schedule time on your calendar for a favourite hobby
- downgrade the amount of time and energy you spend on people, belongings and activities that bring you down
- read jokes and even better tell jokes
Alright my friends and clients, be a force of fun in your own life!
Until next time, live life in FULL bloom.
your Coach, Lisa